Commitments over the weekend stopped me getting the chance to compile the usual blog.
Here are some quick headlines:
- Jonny Brownlee won the men’s triathlon World Series leg in Auckland, with Gwen Jorgensen the women’s winner
- Spain’s Javier Fernandez won a surprise figure skating men’s world title; Russia’s Elizaveta Tuktamysheva won the women’s event while the US continued a women’s medal drought that’s almost a decade long
- There was British success at para-cycling’s track Worlds and para-swimming’s British International meet
- Fiji’s men beat New Zealand to win the Hong Kong Sevens; Australia beat England in the classification matches, which helps the Aussies’ Olympic qualifying hopes
- Lizzie Armitstead won cycling’s Trofeo Alfredo Binda; Luca Paolini won the men’s Gent-Wevelgem
- IOC inspectors seem impressed by the Beijing 2022 bid
- Daniel Purvis and Amy Tinkler are the new British gymnastics champions
- A 24-year-old sprinter who ran for Canada at London 2012 has died in a swimming accident
Normal service resumes on Tuesday!